Forum's Website Development & Bugs & Problems Reporting

MateuszSkutnik
The Architect

Forum's Website Development & Bugs & Problems Reporting

Post by MateuszSkutnik »

Greeting, fellow Pastellanders!

This is ADMIN and I am planting my post into Mateusz's original post for the old forum closing thread. This is now the thread for posting reports on anything problematic with this forum. Please be clear and articulate on what sort of bugs, glitches, and whatnot is occurring here!

Additionally, before you report anything about the avatar... We now have options to create either CIRCLE or SQUARE avatar. Just follow the simple outline to get either shape:
  • ~ ~ ~ ~ o ~ ~ ~ ~
    • ( CIRCLE )
      Just upload a .PNG file to have your avatar circle-shaped.

[ SQUARE ]
      Any other files beside .PNG will leave your avatar square-shaped.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ o ~ ~ ~ ~
Thank you!

Again, this thread is used to be about the original Pastel Portal forum being closed and moved to my domain, renamed as Pastel Land! Here's the original first post by Mateusz and the subsequent conversation followed:
READ THIS: this forum will be closed.
I can't host this forum anymore, I won't be removing it right away - you can copy all content you want, your stories, everything.

I'm giving this, let's say, till the end of next month (until December 1st).

So - time to pack your things and move on to some other board, maybe create your own submachine-related board?

It doesn't mean I'll be out of reach, you can always find me on facebook or twitter.

I might even join a new forum about submachine somewhere. But I just can't have it here anymore.

m
Isobel The Sorceress
subnet technician

Re: READ THIS: this forum will be closed.

Post by Isobel The Sorceress »

D:
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Aw.......I'm relatively new here too.

We'll need to discuss a name for the new forum at some point
WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

Post by WorldisQuiet5256 »

Well...why does he not just transferee the administrative use?
Cause at the bottom of the main page, there is Administrator, and there is Global moderators?
It would make sense, and I always wonder why he never did that.

But why is the forum closing, I read his post, but it does not make any sense, their no spam problem, its a gathering place for the community, it has some of our best stuff here, why is this a problem? Cause I was able to get my Room in SNEE from a private Message from him on this forum, I would not have establish a reputation here otherwise.

More over, our ranks will be gone as well, and I never got to 5000 post.

Edit: Wait, is it cause you are overflowed with User admission emails?
Why don't you just assigned that to someone who will look at them for you, and they show you possible user that could contribute?

Edit 2: On a related note, does anyone know how to copy all of the texts from a topic thread? Cause I want to keep a copy of the Lighthouse and Einstein game I created. It was cool and a fun story, I don't want to lose that to cyberspace.
WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

Why?..
just why

what kind of problem with forum hosting?

(oh, c'mon, I will not be allowed to get Murtaugh's right hand status AGAIN
XD)
Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Post by Anteroinen »

Oh my God, the end of PastelForum for good? This is a shocking development, to say the least.
"We didn't leave the Stone Age, because we ran out of stones."
sundayfever
subnet technician

Post by sundayfever »

oh
first thing i read when i come back is this, oh well
i am sure M has his own reasons and probably very good reasons and we shouldnt question that, its his right
i just wanna thank everybody on here who knows me cause you helped a lot guys, you dont even know and of course thank you Mr. Skutnik for creating some creative, interesting games!
~
all memories are lost in time...
...like tears in the rain
gil2455526
subnet notes finder

Post by gil2455526 »

Just smile and wave boys. Smile and wave...
WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

Post by WorldisQuiet5256 »

I might have a possible way to save the forum, back in the middle of the Spammageddon 2013, someone thought this Forum was going to die, so he/she created another Pastel Forum, and left a Link somewhere in that thread. I got an account there, and I don't know if that server is still alive?

So...it was good, the background and the fonts need changing cause it was a simple black background and it was plain or just default mode. Who was it that created that forum? Is it still there? If so...we can all just move there. It also had a bbcodes like this forum on there as well, at least I think it did.

But I still like to go with my idea to give some Global Moderators roles to some senior Veterans of the Pastel Forum. Maybe divide up some of the roles between one or more Global Moderators. It would have to be Veterans, who visit the forum everyday. They can read the User Email submissions, then just forward the good ones to Mateusz to activate them.

Others can keep wait to get rid of reported post or threads on the forum. etc. etc.

Cause that is the only thing I can think of when he said:
MateuszSkutnik wrote:I can't host this forum anymore,
I'm just saying, divide up the workforce to trustworthy people on the Forum. It would save allot of hassle to both you and us. You would have more time to work on your games, rather than answering emails 24/7, and we have privileges unlock to us who are the chosen worthy few.
WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING
ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

And I Thought this year can't be worst...
:cry: :cry: :cry:
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!
🧐