The original 10 Gnomes games: Mystery of the 141 gnomes

Amlak
lost in subnet

The original 10 Gnomes games: Mystery of the 141 gnomes

Post by Amlak »

First thread for me is about none other than the original 10 Gnomes games.

So I want to know if anyone has ever found all 141 of them in the games? I've looked through all the discussion forums and walkthroughs related to the games, and no one has yet to mention that they ever did.

Which means that it's a mystery still waiting to be solved. And I want to try to see if we can do just that.

Here's what I DO know for a fact:

1. There are at least 29 gnomes in 10 Gnomes 6: The Hall.

2. There are at least 11 gnomes in 10 Gnomes 12.

Assuming that Mateusz was not doing any estimation or whatever, there should be just 1 more extra gnome to be found. And contrary to what a couple of posters have said in other forums, there can't be 31 gnomes in part 6 alone. At most, there are 30 there.

I have personally taken hours and hours trying to locate that one last gnome in 10 Gnomes 6 because I really think there has to be 30 gnomes in that one rather than such an uneven number as 29. But maybe that one extra gnome is in one of the other episodes.

Anyone has any new insight to share regarding this mystery?
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Re: The original 10 Gnomes games: Mystery of the 141 gnomes

Post by Jatsko »

It wouldn't be the
Spoiler wrote:Secret Snow Gnome found in "Where is 2011?"
would it?

Multiple people on this forum and elsewhere have commented on this topic. I'm not sure exactly where, but odds are you'll find a similar discussion somewhere if you look hard enough :).

And.....(Drum roll) Welcome to PastelForum!!!!! :D :D :D
Amlak
lost in subnet

Post by Amlak »

Thanks for the welcome.

Do you mean there is an exhaustive discussion on this somewhere online? Hopefully, it hasn't been erased with time. I know people have commented very briefly on this topic from other forums I can access, but none of them seem as interested as I am in finding out.
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Well, I'm not sure if exhaustive is the right word, but like I said, if you look hard enough, you'll find someone having a conversation about it somewhere on the InterWebs.

It might not be as quick as you want it, but eventually (if you don't find an answer) the thread will grow as interest picks up again. Patience is key :)

If you have any other questions, feel free to post them! I'm on here pretty regularly; so is OnyxIonVortex, ENIHCAMBUS, WorldIsQuiet5256, and others. Be bold and courageous! And good luck getting the answer!
Amlak
lost in subnet

Post by Amlak »

You bet patience is key. I just went through the whole series again for the third time, and I have consistently been missing that one elusive gnome. And it was a really thorough search as well.

So I can only say that Mateusz may have miscounted or may not have realized that he never coded in that one gnome in the first place.
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

I myself, though having played all the 10 Gnomes games, have never really pondered the mystery of the 141 gnomes. So I unfortunately am not that much of a help. But I'll see if I can get others on the forum to look into this question again for ya :)
Bloodhit
subnet technician

Post by Bloodhit »

So I just watched program about Poland, and they talked about Wrocław's dwarfs and how they hidden all over the place in the city.

Is that original idea behind 10 gnomes games? ;)
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Whoa, that's cool. More interesting than this guy: